Sweet. Morning sickness is back.
I didn't get the memo that it could come back, but it can, and it did. It's not as bad as before, but that familiar feeling is here, and I am not happy about it. I am starting to get really sensitive to smells again too, which is making apartment hunting more difficult.
Did I mention that we have been apartment hunting? It's not going as smoothly as I hoped. We started off looking in the $600 range. And then we were thinking that if we could just up it to $700 then we would have some much better choices. And the other day we looked at a place that was $825. That's quite the jump. At this rate, we will eventually be in the $1200 range, and then we could really have something nice. Ha. We have gone back and forth over what aspects we will compromise over, and we actually put in an application for a place the other day. It is in a historical area downtown, but as with many cities, downtown isn't the best area to live. The historical area is nice, and it is a contained set of a few blocks. But I know the grandparents would prefer for us to not live there. They made that point last night...
But we have been to many places, and some are "newly renovated" with the fresh paint smell that makes me sick . Or they are carpeted and have pets, and were then vacuumed using a pet odor powder that makes me sick. Or they recently had a leak, which left a mildewy smell that makes me sick. I think almost every time we go into a place, the smell makes me sick. I know those smells won't stay, and I am not letting them dictate my opinion on the apartment. I just never thought apartment hunting would cause sickness in pregnancy.
Our goal was to be in our own place by June 1, but it looks like that isn't going to happen. Now it will probably be July 1. Sadly. I really really hate to wait until a month before my due date to move. Pregnant women have a nesting instinct, and I haven't been able to satisfy mine. And it will be really hard to get our place together and ready for the baby in just a few weeks. Plus, I am sure my energy levels will just keep going down.
But we're doing what we can, I guess. James has a good lead on a job, and hopefully we will know more next week. And I am in the process of trying to get a work from home job that will give us a little wiggle room. I will know if I got that by the beginning of next week.
Our baby shower is coming up in a few weeks. I made the invitations into postcards and had them professionally printed from overnightprints.com. The total with shipping for 50 invites was about $18. This is the front, and it is super cute, if I do say so myself. But I didn't make it up. I copied someone else's design. I'm not proud of that fact, but I am proud of my Photoshop skills. Did I mention that I am no longer on a Mac and I have Photoshop again? I almost feel whole again. Anyway, if we were to purchase the invites from the company who sells this design, it would have been like $80...and we just can't afford it. I did change a little bit, but that image and the "Baby Shower" font belong to someone else. Now I feel kind of bad... Well if you aren't poor and want to buy stuff from the company that sells that design let me know and I'll send you the link.
Other than the shower and moving and working and morning sickness, we aren't up to much. We've been going to child prep classes at the hospital. I gotta say that James is a good sport about it. He pays attention in class and refrains from embarrassing me. Even though I know he is secretly dying to. He has several cheesy joke questions that he wants to ask the doctor or that he wants to ask in class, and I have begged/threatened him not to. But in reality I am just glad he is supportive and participative.

No comments:
Post a Comment